1. What is your character's name, class, race and level?
Chrisraab – Mage – Gnome – 80
2. Link your armory.
3. Describe your talent spec and why this spec works best for you.
I am currently spec’d for frostfire (0/53/18), which is currently the highest DPS spec. I enjoy being a ranged caster and having high DPS and this build works perfectly for me.
4. How did you determine the optimal spec for your character?
Any forum or theorycrafting site can tell you that this is the optimal spec. I also can determine such information using my own knowledge.
5. What resources do you rely on in order to help with gear selection?
Websites such as elitistjerks.com and maxdps.com help with gear selection. However, I am capable of my own gear comparison and have created several spreadsheets that calculate gear worth for my character.
6. What WOTLK factions are you presently working on and why?
I am working on any of the factions that I am not exalted with. This is primarily so that I can get any gear that is given as a reward for being exalted, but also I like to have all my factions at exalted.
7. What item currently attainable within the game outside of raids would provide your character with the single biggest performance upgrade and what are you doing to attain it?
There are very few items that I could attain that would help my character (outside of raids). I know my character class extremely well and already have most all the important non-raid gear I could get. However, the one piece I am missing is I could use the boots that are a reward for Wyrmrest Accord reputation, which is why I am doing the dailies and wearing the Tabard when I do heroics.
8. Would you be able to respec if needed for raid purposes? What is your interest level / preparedness (gear / knowledge) to play other specs of your class?
Unfortunately a mage is generally only used for DPS in raids. However, I am familiar with all viable builds for the mage and can use any of them, given the need. At the moment, there aren’t really any fights where a different spec for a mage would be needed.
9. Tell us about your raiding experience in WOTLK, BC and pre-BC WoW? Did you raid in any other MMO's?
I come from a long history of playing video games, and more specifically games by Blizzard. I did not raid before The Burning Crusade came out, simply because I did not play World of Warcraft yet. In The Burning Crusade, I have raided everything and have extensive experience. In Wrath of the Lich King, I have also raided everything currently available and know every raid boss very well.
10. Give us some idea of the performance (eg. DPS) your character is capable of. Support with WWS logs / screenshots is encouraged.
At the moment, I don’t have any current WWS reports that I could post. However, I can assure you that I am more than capable of maximizing damage output in raids and am always on the top of the damage charts. At the moment, I sustain about 3000 DPS in single encounter fights. Given the gear I have, this is very good and I often get whispers and compliments about how high my damage is, given my gear.
11. What times does The Blacklist raid? Will you consistently make these raids? For what reasons would you ever miss a raid?
Blacklist raids Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday from 7:00pm – 10:00pm PST, except Sunday which starts an hour earlier. This is a good raid schedule for me, and I should be able to make most of the raids. I will mention that I will not be able to make every single raid, simply because I have real life obligations at times, but I should be able to make most of them.
12. Explain why it is important for us to recruit only members which commit to consistently show up for every raid each week, barring reasons like those you explained above.
First and foremost, it is important to have dedicated players. If everyone just chose to play whenever they wanted, organization would be very difficult and nothing would get done. Generally the attitude that a consistent on-time raider brings is very positive and they are usually the better and more knowledgeable of players. Plus it is important for the same people to play together as they learn how each other play and became way more effective.
13. Please give a brief guild history of your character with a brief explanation why you and your former guilds parted ways.
Over the past couple years, I have been in a couple different guilds, across two different servers. The most common reason for me leaving a guild is lack of player skill and dedication. I know my character extremely well and am an outstanding gamer, and I do not like to be surrounded by people of inferior skill and intelligence.
14. How do you deal with criticism?
I absolutely love criticism, at least when it is constructful, and actually prefer it. I like when people are honest with me and can give me insight.
15. Do you have a high level of situational awareness? Describe what having a high level of situational awareness means to you in WoW.
I have a very high level of situational awareness. To me, situational awareness is the general understanding of your surroundings, what is happening, and adapting to your environment and changing surroundings. Knowledge of the game as well as fast reflexes are vital for situational awareness. It is also necessary to understand how your actions affect others, as well as yourself, in both present time and the near future.
16. Do you have a computer and internet connection which do not suck? (FPS > 5, disconnect rate < once per night)
I have a very fast computer and connection, and very rarely get disconnected.
17. Are you able to use Ventrilo during raids? Do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I have Ventrilo and a working microphone.
18. What is your favorite television program? In this television program, who was your favorite character?
My favorite television program is probably Seinfeld, and I always liked Kramer.
19. What would be the best way for us to get in touch with you?
My character is currently on a different realm, so there are a few options. You can contact me on that realm, I can create a character on this realm, or you can contact me via email (CJRaab@hotmail.com) or through the forums.
20. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
Even though much of it was expressed in my answers above, I would just like to stress that I am an exceptional gamer, and am highly skilled in World of Warcraft. I am not some average run of the mill gamer, and I take this game very seriously. Obviously I like to joke around and am almost always in a good mood, but I take raiding very seriously, and take pride in playing well.
I would also like to admit that my gear, although decent, is not the best that it could be. However this is mostly due to the fact that I have not been in a good guild for a while, and doing pickup groups for raids often leads to disaster.
I would also like to mention that I am 28 years old, and am able to work my own hours, so I have no limits with playing World of Warcraft.
21. Is there anyone in this guild or in your former guilds who would give you a reference or vouce for you?
I do not currently know anyone in this guild. I could probably get someone from my past guilds to give me a reference.