1. What is your character's name, class, race and level?
Amelora, Level 80 Human Warlock
2. Link your armory.
3. Describe your talent spec and why this spec works best for you.
My spec is a Metamorphosis/Ruin Demonology spec. This spec works well for me for several reasons. The added DPS of the felguard pet is nice, but mostly it is because metamorphosis basically adds a 30 second/3 minute cooldown trinket for me to use. Demonic Pact is nice as well for all the other casters in the raid to add a boost to their DPS as well.
4. How did you determine the optimal spec for your character?
I do a lot of dps meter testing on dummies in Ironforge combined with research on all the theorycrafting sites.
5. What resources do you rely on in order to help with gear selection?
Elitist Jerks spreadsheet mostly combined with common sense. I have a good handle on my gear and I always am prepared with a knowledge of what drops from which boss and whether it would be an upgrade for me before I step foot in the instance.
6. What WOTLK factions are you presently working on and why?
I am currently working on Argent Crusade so that I can get the Brilliant Spellthread pattern.
7. What item currently attainable within the game outside of raids would provide your character with the single biggest performance upgrade and what are you doing to attain it? I am farming badges for Sundial of the Exiled.
8. Would you be able to respec if needed for raid purposes? What is your interest level / preparedness (gear / knowledge) to play other specs of your class?
I can respec and with a bit of getting used to it, regemming and re-glyphing go either affliction or destro. I have done all of the specs at some point in my raiding life, it would just be a bit of an adjustment to my play style.
9. Tell us about your raiding experience in WOTLK, BC and pre-BC WoW? Did you raid in any other MMO's?
In WOTLK, I have done H-Naxx Spider, Military, Plague and Patch and Grobb. I have also done H-OS 0 drakes and H-VoA if you want to call that experience! :) I have done the Gluth, Thaddius, Sapph and KT fights on Naxx-10 as well, so i have a basic understanding of the mechanics of those fights. In BC, I did every raid except in BT where I did not complete Illidan, Council, Mother and RoS as well as no Sunwell. In Pre-BC WOW, my warrior was a MT through MC and Ony.
10. Give us some idea of the performance (eg. DPS) your character is capable of. Support with WWS logs / screenshots is encouraged.
My DPS is usually in the 3k range on boss fights. The WWS is from several weeks ago and I have a few gear upgrades since, so I imagine it could be higher today.
11. What times does The Blacklist raid? Will you consistently make these raids? For what reasons would you ever miss a raid?
Your 7pm PST start time is perfect for me. The only reasons that I would ever be unable to raid is due to illness, or vacation.
12. Explain why it is important for us to recruit only members which commit to consistently show up for every raid each week, barring reasons like those you explained above.
Raiding, to me, is less about gear and more about unit cohesiveness. The best raid groups are the ones that can anticipate each other's moves before they are made and that can only happen with a group that runs together all the time.
13. Please give a brief guild history of your character with a brief explanation why you and your former guilds parted ways.
This character started as an alt to PVP on. My first toon was a warrior that was the MT in his guild. I started in a guild called Archangels of Valor which raided in the mornings, which was fine with me because I was not yet able to raid. Once I hit raiding level, I left them (on good terms) to join a guild called Fidelis. This is the guild that I started off main tanking for. That guild, as so many do, died due to officer in-fighting and was disbanded. I then joined Revelations, which is the guild that I am still in at the moment. I have been in the guild for 3 years and have been an officer for more than 2 of those years. I am leaving them because they changed their raid schedule and I play this game to raid. I am looking to transfer servers because I can not see myself in any other guild on that server after 3 years in the same one.
14. How do you deal with criticism?
I am always looking for ways to make myself a better player, so I welcome criticism and use it to motivate myself.
15. Do you have a high level of situational awareness? Describe what having a high level of situational awareness means to you in WoW.
Being a former tank, my situational awareness is relatively high. In WOW, situation awareness means many things. First off it means knowing the boss fights before you step into the raid group. Secondly, it means knowing how close to the edge of the threat meter you can get to maximize your DPS. And the tank in me still tries to pull aggro off the healers even though i am not wearing plate! :)
16. Do you have a computer and internet connection which do not suck? (FPS > 5, disconnect rate < once per night)
My PC is brand new and my internet is stable and fast. My FPS in Dalaran is about 70 and I rarely DC.
17. Are you able to use Ventrilo during raids? Do you have a working microphone?
yes and Yes
18. What is your favorite television program? In this television program, who was your favorite character?
I guess I would have to say Battlestar Galactica. Starbuck is awesome...I love chicks that could kick my ass!
19. What would be the best way for us to get in touch with you?
I have created a level 1 alt on your realm named Letten.
20. Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
I am a 35 year old father of two. I love playing this game and love the thrill of raiding.
21. Is there anyone in this guild or in your former guilds who would give you a reference or vouce for you?
In Revelations, the GM Pestilenz or any of the officers. Fuzzybear, Creeker, Canien, Elumo, Obli.